The Upper West Region rep at the 2017 edition of the Miss Ghana beauty pageant, Margaret Mawintuur Dery, has emerged victorious in the contest.
She beat 5 other young women at the grand finale to win the crown.
Priscilla Gameli (Eastern Region) and Marigold Frimpong (Ashanti Region) emerged the first runner-up and the second runner-up respectively.
Attendees of the final were serenaded to some good performances by Amandzeba, Sherifa Gunu and Steve Bedi.
Margaret Dery is a student of the University of Development Studies, Wa Campus.
Other winners on the night included:
1. Miss Top Model — Perpetual Acquah (Central Region)
2. Miss Talent — Margaret Dery (Upper West Region)
3. Miss Congeniality — Marigold Frimpong (Ashanti Region)
4. Miss Photogenic and Miss Beauty Skin — Priscilla Gameli (Eastern Region)
5. Miss fitness — Perpetual Acquah
6. Miss Beach Beauty and Eloquence — Millicent Dzudzor (Western Region)
7. Beauty With a Purpose Competition — Margaret Dery (Upper West)